Production Planning Tool
Case Study Wiener KammerOrchester
The Vienna Chamber Orchestra was founded in 1946 and in nearly 70 years has established itself as one of the music world’s leading chamber orchestras. Under the leadership of its current chief conductor, Stefan Vladar, who has been standing at the head of the orchestra since 2008, the Vienna Chamber Orchestra has further consolidated its international reputation.
All the activities associated with the organisation of music projects needed to be accessible through a central, online platform. This included the compilation of concert programmes, management of required musicians, scheduling management for the entire orchestra, work and composer databases, and a public web presence. Administrators also needed a real-time, on-demand overview of the current status of concert scheduling.
Specific-Group developed a comprehensive solution, which radically simplified the previous costly concert administration task. Projects can now be planned and carried out more quickly, and conflicts in the course of planning concerts can be detected early. In addition, all musicians, soloists, and conductors receive timely status updates for their projects. Logistical details including seating arrangements, availability, rehearsal plans, and the provision of sheet music are presented elegantly and simply.
Specific-Group's tailored solutions have contributed significantly to the success of the Vienna Chamber Orchestra by automating and simplifying administrative concerns that otherwise detract from the group’s artistic goals.
Some success factors include:
- Prescriptive mapping of all work steps involved in concert and tour preparation makes it possible to organise and produce projects more quicklyentiert und jederzeit einsehbar
- Infrastructure to capture and catalog libraries of project data ensures that artists and technicians can access it at any time
- Improved communication within the orchestra
- Mobile access to all functions for musicians and administrators
- Integration of system data into myriad public websites
What we have created here is probably unique and groundbreaking in our sector.