For organizations of all sizes, data management has shifted from important to mission-critical, and it often separates winners and losers in the market. Specific-Group is your go-to database developer, providing solutions for how clients can optimally store and manage data, as well as insights on how to make productive use of that data through analysis and action.
“Big data” is data that’s just too diverse, fast-changing and large for conventional technologies, skills and infrastructure to handle. There are 3 key components at play:
Whereas a typical computer might have 500GB of storage, 500 terabytes of new data flows through Facebook every day. As devices proliferate and more of the world moves to software and web apps, there are billions of new data feeds to store and analyze.
The speed of data capture and transmission is growing at a rate commensurate with volume, so we are not dealing with not just more data, but faster data, so our handling of it must become more sophisticated as well.
As applications have evolved to serve large volumes of users, and as application development practices have become agile, traditional databases don’t suffice. New technologies are coming online to solve these problems and provide companies with the means to create tremendous business value.
Oracle provides secure and optimized cloud database solutions. As a leading database developer, Specific-Group has extensive experience working with their technologies. Oracle products can be rapidly provisioned and ready in minutes, and they help us accelerate analytical performance. With growing data volumes and aggressive service level expectations, Oracle can turn your business into a real-time enterprise. Among Oracle’s database product services: Big Data, consolidation, database as a service (private & public), security and management, data warehousing and storage management.
Microsoft SQL is a relational database management system developed by Microsoft. Among its advantages and features, SQL allows businesses to:
- Build mission-critical applications for online transaction processing (OLTP) with breakthrough scalability, in-memory performance, and high availability.
- Protect data at rest and in motion with Always Encrypted. SQL Server is the least vulnerable database for six years running in the NIST vulnerabilities database.
- Transform data into actionable insights. Deliver insights on any device – online or offline – at a fraction of the cost of other business intelligence (BI) solutions.
- Analyze operational data using R Services, in real time and at scale, directly within SQL Server database – without moving the data for analysis.
- Get a consistent experience across server and database as a service, whether data is in a datacenter, private cloud or Microsoft Azure.
Developed over 25 years, PostgreSQL is the world’s most advanced open source database. It offers comparable enterprise class features to Oracle, such as full ACID compliance for transaction reliability and Multi-Version Concurrency Control for supporting high concurrent loads. PostgreSQL supports standards such as ANSI SQL and SQL/MED (including foreign data wrappers for Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB and many others) and yet is highly extensible, with support for over 12 procedural languages, GIN and GIST Indexes, Spatial data support, and multiple NoSQL like features for document (JSON) or key-value based applications.
Database and Technologies overview
MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, IBM DB2, CouchDB, SQLite, NoSQL, Big Data, Data Warehouse, Redis